Wednesday, December 9, 2015

So, They Needed a Group, Huh?


 

Good morning to all. Have your coffee and let’s get started, shall we? Today, I want to discuss a little bit about feeling the need to get a group together for ulterior reasons, sort of like how the Sadducees, Pharisees, chiefs priests, etc. did in Biblical times.  You have probably seen this play out several times in your life, from the schoolroom or playground to adults in various settings.  But you know what I have noticed about gatherings of this type,

1.       They are always gotten together by lessors of the intended victim pursuing the most prominent and/or the most learned in a particular following (in other words, heavyweights) to give more strength to their cause.

2.       They always are gotten together to take down someone who is perceived as strong and good.

3.       They always will have had certain perceived heavyweights to turn them down. And sometimes they will have had some of the heavyweights that they thought to have nullified because they presented their case first, to actually, after the skirmish began, turn on them and join in the defense of the victim!

4.       Lastly, I have seen right thinking individuals do and say nothing of such an attack, not even to say, “Y’all ought to be ashamed of yourselves and leave that poor person alone!” I have heard them say things like, “Well, it ain’t none of my business, you know!”

Here is a statement that I put on my Twitter account this morning:

 

1.        Alma L. Jones ‏@Jonesa54Jones 2h2 hours ago True right does not need a group to prove its point. Careful when you have to gather a group to feel justified in what you do. Alarm bells ought to start ringing the minute that you do. Just sayin'

Remember how helpless intended victims often are perceived, in the face of such an onslaught? They are almost like a deer caught in headlights. But, here’s the ticket:

1.        They are not helpless, though caught off-guard.

2.        They rise to the challenge and stand toe to toe and fight for their principles, sometimes being pummeled in the process, sometimes not.

3.         

I tell you what I have seen time and time again in given situations.

ü   I have seen something rise up in the perceived victim that put their enemies and accusers to shame!

ü   I have seen the Lord marshal other potentates to come to the defense of the intended victim.

ü   I have seen the accusers get hit with so much calamity that they scurried someplace like a wounded dog and licked their wounds.

ü   I have seen some not even be able to lick their wounds, for they, themselves, got taken In the fray. (You remember Jezebel, don’t you?)

All in all, lets stand with the right, even if it means that we may become a victim too, you know? After all, “The battle is not ours, it is the Lord’s!” 2 Chr. 20:15  

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

No comments: