Monday, November 2, 2015

By the Grace of the Lord

"By the Grace of the LORD, I've Come A Long Way."



When I was a little girl
I was very curious
When my mother found out
I had stuck a pin in a socket
She was furious!

We had studied about batteries and electricity
At school that day and since I knew it (electricity) would not
Travel through me, I wanted to see
What effect sticking a pin in a socket
Would have, if any, on me.
...Have lost that desire to see what will be
At least, when it come to electricity

Yet, despite my foolishness 
And because of His plans for me
He kept me.


He kept me. Because of His plans for me, He kept me.  He kept Moses, HE kept Jesus and a myriad of others. Listen to me folks and hear me when I say, "Anyone that the Lord has a plan for, despite the enemy, He keeps!" 


So when things in life
Get really rough for you
Remember to do what God told you to
Always pray and always give thanks
And keep your place in his warriors' ranks.
HE will keep you.

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones




No comments: