Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Update on Mrs. Ruby

She fell, but not to worry, she's okay, physically that is. She is a little bruised, but as she is often fond of saying, "One tide does not a beach wash out."  Now spiritually, Mrs. Ruby is not faring as well. She keeps wondering why her world has turned upside down and nobody "up there" is listening to her anymore. She is wondering what she has done to make all of this happen to her.

Folks, have you ever  felt like Mrs. Ruby is feeling right now? How did you handle your situation?
...Well, at any rate, she has her son Matt and me. We are ever by her side, but that does not seem to be enough for her. She is reaching for something deeper. She has become listless and has developed a defeatist attitude. That bothers me because, if you knew Mrs. Ruby, you would know that giving up just does not "cut the mustard",  according to her that is. Why, she is the one who, by talking about the benefits of prayer, brought me back from the brink of despair!

Well y'all, I gotta run. Life calls. Stay prayed up and be blessed! I will keep you posted on how Mrs. Ruby is faring in her struggle with her weakened and nearly broken faith.

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

No comments: