Monday, April 27, 2015

Keeping You Informed

Hello all!
Yes, I did have the book signing and had 15 people in attendance. However, there were people standing around in the parking lot as if entranced, listening as I spoke. We were set up outside and had I had a microphone, I think people across the street would have tuned in. People were on their way to do their grocery shopping and stopped in the middle of the parking lot to listen.  When my group laughed aloud and applauded, they did too. Then, it seemed that they came to themselves and realized that they had stopped right in the middle of the parking lot. Tee hee This was amazing to me at first, to see people so entranced with what I was saying, then you know me, I started hamming it up and playing to the larger audience.

All in all, I must say that I had a blast! And yes, I did sell 4 books. Two of my paranormal and two of my poetry books.

Oh, and one more thing that I wanted to tell you. When I read the poem that is on the prologue page of my paranormal book,  my audience lost it. They jumped, squealed, shivered, and oohed and aahed and laughed aloud. I had them eating out of my hand and I loved every minute of it!!

When the book signing was over, then I had people standing around waiting to talk to me so that they could congratulate me and ask me a few questions. So, I had a full day, and as I had been too keyed up to eat, was taken out afterward for a wind down evening meal.

Btw - If I should get to do a book signing in your area, am looking forward to seeing you there and getting to chat with you. I will have pictures from the signing on my gallery located on my website later. Website for books is:  www.almajonesbookcollections.com

To GOD be the glory!

Alma Jones

And as always,
Doing What I Can, While I Can

Aside - Did I still have the problems and concerns that I had previously mentioned on my blog? Absolutely! The difference is that I employed a tactic that I learned a long time ago and that is,  give it to GOD and "When you get to laugh, laugh long and laugh hard for it may have to carry you for a while." And that is what I did!


No comments: