Friday, April 10, 2015

Just Because


I read my Bible because I was told to do so at first
But reading that Bible has created in me an unquenchable thirst 
And a voracious appetite for feeding from GOD's word
And I am learning deep things about which I have scarce heard.


Do you remember this blog of mine from back in January? Remember how we determined that we would give all of our worries then and now to our GOD? Uh-hum... Well, I wanted to revisit that a bit with you today. It is 2:30 o'clock in the morning where I live and I have the inspirational encouraging writer's itch. As I have said before, I don't question; I just do. And this day in the wee hours of this morn, I have been led to pen this message of encouragement to you.

My Faith Shall Sustain Me in 2015

Happy, happy new year! Let's start this year off right.  If you have problems that you have been worrying about and wrestling with in 2014, give it to GOD and let your faith work for you. If the LORD is for you, no matter what adverse situation you may find yourself in, you will always do like cream and rise to the top. (See explanation below.) I trust HIM implicitly and I go gladly wherever HE leads. I can see my blessing in my storm. HE delivered David,  Joseph, Daniel, the Hebrew boys and has delivered me many times. I "cain't"; I said I "cain't" give up on HIM now! HE's been too good to me and blessed me too much. I'm stuck to HIM like glue. What I am saying is that, I'm too high and I "cain't"come down! I will wait for my blessing, for I believe it is truly coming!
And I say to those of you who are wrestling with whatever problem you are wrestling with, it may be too tough for you. "Put it into the hands of SOMEBODY bigger than you" and me. And then let it go! That's where your faith has to kick in. And don't forget; HE loves displays of faith.  Just sayin'...

Explanation: If you read that good old historical book, the Bible, you will find in the book of 1 Samuel, beginning at about chapter 18 and going through about chapter 26 or so, that David, GOD's anointed, had to hide and be in fear for his life, even though GOD was with him. You know what that story said to me as I read it?  It said that people of evil influence are not going to stop throwing stumbling blocks and are not going to stop trying to do you harm just because you have been chosen by GOD. The adversary came after Jesus, GOD's own son, so you know that he will come after you and me too. BUT, here's the ticket. GOD likes faith! Wait! You glossed over that too quickly! I said that GOD likes faith. If you and I will keep our faith when the ordinary person will lose it, that says something for us and about us to our GOD. Just like HE rewarded Abraham and all of those people of faith written about in Hebrews, chapter 11, HE will reward you and me too. But we gotta' keep the faith. If your battle gets hard and you can't run anymore, walk. If you can't walk, crawl! But you keep on praying, crying when you have to, but you keep on reaching toward your GOD, FATHER and FRIEND.   ...As my Granny used to say, "I declare HE will make it alright!" I just wanted to give you something positive to latch on to as you make your resolutions for this year...

1. So, you have been beaten down and it is hard to keep that upbeat feeling that you started off the new year with, huh? That's because you have either picked your problem(s) back up or you never laid them at the LORD's feet in the first place. Oh, did I hear you say that I don't understand? I must understand something! I'm writing to you at this early hour so that it can be waiting for you when you leave your bed! Got your attention with that one, didn't I? Good! (Now read the green highlighted  section above.)

2. Never think that just because you have decided to give it all over to HIM, that the adversary is going to stop bothering you. (Read the blue highlighted section above.)

3. You know what? This is turning out to be a rather lengthy piece, so I think that I will stop here and finish this blog on tomorrow.

That my friend will give you something else to focus on and perhaps to look forward to. Stay well and be blessed and know that, HE sees your pain, your confusion and your dwindling faith. That is why HE had me to arise from my bed and send you this "care package." 

Until tomorrow, if the LORD wills,
Alma







No comments: