Saturday, January 24, 2015

Continuation of "Work With It?"

Hello all!
I had a fast-paced day, somewhat. Had some necessary "stuff" to get done around the house before I could sit down to post to my blog. Among the necessary stuff was to bake yeast bread. You know how it goes when I get in my kitchen. There's always one more thing to do. Anyway, as I finally sit down to begin posting to my blog, the tantalizing smell of freshly baked bread floats through my home, sneaking under doors, through the air vents, through the ventilation fan, out into the garage and down the street to the neighbors' house. Yes, they all know that freshly baked bread is in the near vicinity! Yum, yum. I'm gonna slather mine with butter and honey or maybe I will whip up a batch of strawberry butter. Yep! That's what I think I will do!

Alright, let's get our minds off of hot crispy crusted yeast bread... (Tee hee)
Now on yesterday, I said that we would discuss the poem that I posted for you as an end to our  treatise on storms. Let's tackle it now, shall we?
I gave you several questions to mull over.

Questions 1 - 5
1.  The phrase that was repeated more than any other in this poem is: I believe in YOU. The writer seems to be praising the LORD as well as telling herself/himself  and readers of the poem to "Hold on."

2.  The writer seems to be portraying someone who is in the throes of some kind of storm (problem).

3.  The faith spoken of in the poem seems to, at the moment, be weakened a bit, but not destroyed. This can be determined because the writer keeps repeating the, "I believe in YOU." phrase.

4. The outcome will be whatever the LORD decides it will be. The person in the poem will deal with whatever way it turns out. Notice line 15 in the poem, "And no matter what." That line seems to say that though this is a tough situation, it will be whatever YOUR will is LORD. Be that as it may FATHER, I am still going to believe in YOU and I am still going to trust YOU.

5.  The boldfaced statement, "Let's work with what we have." , seems to imply togetherness in the handling of this problem. If seems to be saying not to keep wringing hands in despair, but to use faith in GOD, to use prayers to GOD, and to use determination, to weather the storm until a change, at last arrives. This statement could also mean,  "Use your walk as a Christian to help someone else on their journey by telling them about your walk with the LORD and how HE has delivered you in the past.  It could also say that because HE is faithful and has helped me
Out so many times before, that I will store this memory in my arsenal of faith against future storms. (All of this number five answer encapsulates the answer posed in the title of today's blog. deliberately being vague. I have to leave you puzzling over some things some of the time. Why? How else will you become a deep thinker? Just sayin'

Now, I bet you didn't know all of that could be gotten from a poem did you? I told you that if you would stick with me you would become a deep thinker and if you already are then you would become a deeper one. Also you will learn to appreciate and unlock the meanings of poems and hopefully to learn to enjoy poetry.
Most of all you will be exposed to and learn to appreciate the love that the Lord has for us and to pass it forward. If you have been blessed by positive things that touched your life then you ought to tell somebody. (Jeremiah 9:24) I told you before that GOD likes for you to brag on HIM. (Power for Today, July, 2012) When you strive to serve the Lord and bless HIM by bragging on HIM to somebody else, that pleases HIM.  And I know that I don't have to tell you how HE responds when HE is pleased with one of his children's efforts, do I?... You will be a blessing to someone else and be blessed yourself at as a result.
Alright that's enough for today but I think that I might talk a little bit about, Working With What You Have for our next several sessions. I wonder where I got the subject from? Do you see anything similar in yesterday's blog? Read back over and see if you don't discover where I got that title from.

Don't forget to BYDWP (Begin Your Day With Prayer)

Until we meet...

Doing What I Can, While I Can


No comments: