Friday, January 23, 2015

Work With It?

I BELIEVE IN YOU  

I will not cry FATHER
 I believe in YOU 
No matter how hard the winds assail 
I believe in YOU   
I will keep pressing on 
I believe in YOU 
No matter how long the storms prevail 
I believe in YOU   
I will not stop praying
 I believe in YOU
 No matter how hard blows the gale
 I believe in YOU 
  I will tell everyone that I know 
That I believe in YOU 
And that no matter what, 
YOU always prevail 
I believe in YOU!  (AVIA - Copyright © 2012 by Alma L. Jones.)

I told you earlier that faith pleases the LORD mightily! Since we have finished our treatise on storms, I wanted to leave you with a reminder, hence the poem above. Let's take the poem apart and determine the message and subject of the poem. Let's work with what we have.  This should be fairly easy for you. 

1. What phrase is repeated more than any other in this poem?  Why?
2. What seems to be going on in this person's life?
 3.  Does this person's faith seem to be undaunted? How do you know?
4. What do you think will be the outcome of the situation that the person is in? Why do you say that?
5. What does the boldface type below the poem mean? Can you give me a second meaning for the boldfaced words?

Come on back tomorrow and if the LORD wills, I will discuss the answers to the questions with you. But you, in the meantime, work on what you think it means too. Okay?

In the meantime, be sure to BYDWP (Begin your day with prayer.)

Until we meet...

Doing What I Can, While I Can 
Alma

No comments: