Monday, October 2, 2017

Kept by the Keeper

Good morning. How are you this fine Monday morning? Do you have to go in to work this morning? Well, if you do, be sure and check the weather for rain and leave with enough time to get to your job safely. 
Here are some Sunday musings from a kept child who keeps on keeping on -
     When folk and situations didn't turn out the way that I thought that they would, God kept me and He's keeping me still. When disappointment threatened to take me down, God kept me and is keeping me still. When diabetes invaded my body, He kept me and is keeping me still. When I thought that I was in the know in a given situation and it turned out that I was on the outside and didn't know anything, He kept me and is keeping me still. Forty years ago I left old Fulton Road Rd. to go on the ministerial field with my husband, I had stars in my eyes and relatively few bruises. Oh, but now... That is why I can stand here and tell you that not only did God keep me, but He kept me in a big way and is keeping me still.
He kept me when folk wanted to do me in or harm me just because I got a new pair of ๐Ÿ‘  or when I was blessed with a ๐Ÿš—. He kept me when I was pushed into doing ladies days by the congregation where we were and folk became jealous because I seemed to do it without effort. They didn't know the hours of studying and prayer that went into the preparation of the lesson, nor did they care. He kept me when I published my first ๐Ÿ“š and on through the other ๐Ÿ“š that I have been blessed to publish.
     He snatched me back from the certain jaws of death when at 7 years old I stuck a pin in a socket. I'm 60+ years old now and I don't know how much longer I have but I do know this. I will be working for Him as long as He allows me to because I have to continue working on the legacy that I leave for the church of the future in hopes that they will be swayed to put themselves into His keeping just as I have done.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: