Thursday, August 3, 2017

A Sneak Peek

Good morning! How are you this morning? I am well.
For our blogging session today, I thought that I would share what happened to me at Bible class last night. A woman walked up to me and said, "A Plan for My Life," which is the title of the first lesson in my new book, Chopping My Row. When she did that, I had been in conversation with another lady. She broke into the conversation, so we had to stop talking and listen to her. She said, "Excuse me, but I want you to know that I read that page twice because it was talking about me. I could not believe that you have the words right there on the page that I needed to hear. Thank you for that. That book is something else!" The other lady that I had been having a conversation with who had just gotten her copy from me a few minutes prior said, "It's that good, huh? I may have to get another copy as a gift."
     My reaction to the entire conversation was to have my mouth drop open. I had to quickly recover myself and make an appropriate comment concerning Gods' love for mankind, after all that was the purpose of my writing the book. I told them that I counted it an honor to be allowed to work for Him. But, oh when I got by myself! I praised the Lord and thanked Him profusely. I told Him that I was amazed by the way that He had overseen the writing of the book and orchestrated the conversation that resulted because of it. Folks, I had been handed another care package (a package to show me that my writing was making a difference).
     Then I began to wonder if this were a "sneak peek," so to speak, of what might lie ahead for this particular book. Well, time will tell, won't it? One thing about it though, I am enjoying working for Him as I tell the story of His love while I chop my row.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

Here is a poem for you for today's blog.

I had often wondered, as most writers do
If my writing were making a difference for folks
Well, I was relieved of that burdensome thought
When a lady opened her mouth and spoke
These words to me in a serious way
"'A Plan for My Life,' I could not believe the words
That were written on the page because
They were the very words that I needed to hear
Because your words lessened my doubts and cast away my fear
About feeling abandoned and left alone at this time in my life
Your words reassured me, though I am a widow
And no longer can call myself a wife
Of the fact that there is still much work that needs to be done
That my battle is not over, and my race is not yet run
So, thank you for the book, I feel it was written just for me
Your writing, baby girl, is a gift to all humanity."


No comments: