Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Thank You/Forgive Me/I Forgive

Good morning!
      Hope that you are faring well. Thank you for your continued reading of my blog. I have not told you that often enough over the past few years, so I say it now.
     Yesterday was my birthday, and I did have a great day, indeed. Thank you for all of the well-wishes.
     "Thank you." Such a simple phrase, yet it conveys a great sentiment, and we use it quite a bit.  We have no problem using it because it is the "right thing to do." By the same token, we should have no problem using the words, "Forgive me, or I forgive." After all, it is the right thing to do. You know how much we need and depend upon the Lord's forgiveness of us, right? Uhm hmm, well you cannot have it without first giving it yourself.
     So, let's practice using those words. It will serve us well in the end.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

Hello, Bro. So-and-so or
To Sis. Whatever Your Name May Be
I want to say that I am sorry for the deed done
And ask that you forgive me.

********

Okay, I forgive you for the
Wrong that you did to me
But I will never forget it, nor
Can we ever be close again
For you showed me what you were all about
When you took the trust that I placed in you
And turned that trust out!

"The above poem is not an example of genuine forgiveness.)
********


Don't worry about it, brother, sister, friend
I forgive you and am moving on
So, let us, both continue our trek toward our heavenly home.

No comments: