Saturday, July 29, 2017

Dust Giving God the Glory

Good morning!
     I hope that you and yours are feeling well. I have been up for quite some time doing a bit of thinking and all. I have decided that I am going to begin seriously working on my novella, The Victor's Song, and my memoirs, The Preacher's Daughter's Daughter, today. I will keep you posted as to my progress on each from time to time. You might be asking what has made me decide to pick my novella and my memoirs back up and make them both my next big project. Well, I had been wondering which project to pick up next, since I have completed, Chopping My Row and the thought of one or the other had crossed my mind quite a bit. Something that a person said to me in passing yesterday made me decide to give the process of dual books an all out effort. I am a bit apprehensive about it though because I have never done a novella or my memoirs before. I have done plenty of short stories, though. This will indeed be a learning process for me, so I ask you to be prayerful with me on this, my latest project. (It is my guess that one or the other will move to the forefront in the amount of time that I spend on them. It just remains to be seen which one it is.) Tee hee, here we go, on the creating journey again. 💚
     I have done a poem for you this morning, and I hope that you like it.

Just Dust

She knew that she was nothing but dust
She knew she was nobody that the world extolled
But what she did not know about herself
Was that she was a precious soul
Whose leaning on the Lord, as a must
Had gained her a noted and cherished
Place among the just
And that she was beloved of the Lord.

Even when life pushed her to the point
That she turned her face to the wall
She just did like Hezekiah did one fateful day
And remembered while facing the wall to pray.

And this is the what she had to say
"Lord, no matter what life puts me through
I'll turn my head to the wall, and
Father, I will talk to You."

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

Blog P. S. - Alma,  a bit of dust loving, praising, and giving God glory as she dares to brag on Him and tell her story.


No comments: