Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Maintenance Day

Good morning to you.
     Today is a maintenance day for me for myself and for my house. It is easy enough to do maintenance on my house and it is easy enough to do maintenance on my physical body. But sometimes there comes a situation that my daily maintenance is not enough, no matter how diligent I am. I am referring to maintenance on my spiritual body. You see, I can get my nails done, and I can get my hair done, etc. and that does well for my physical body, but no matter how well-oiled I think my faith vehicle is, sometimes it needs an oil change.
    I don't know about you, but I have special times that I need to present myself at my Father's throne bringing my life with all of its complexities with me.  When I get to His throne and spend time alone with Him, I get my oil changed; I get my resolve renewed; I get my want to, and my can do cleaned up and replenished with new determination, oh, with new oil. Then I am ready, y'all to go further and do more because He has cleansed me of my cares, concerns, and problems. When I leave His throne, I am equipped with fresh resolve, fresh determination and a fresh view of how big my Father is. He is bigger than any anything that may befall me. He has taught me to come before His throne and has reassured me time upon time, that He will give me rest.
     Well, I am rested now because I have had my oil changed and I just want to tell you that my Father is bigger than any maintenance that I require. You, dear one, just present yourself at His throne and leave all your everything at His feet that is worrying, bothering, and/or concerning you. If you don't already know it, you will realize that He is bigger than it all.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

Blog P. S. - Went to see my brother yesterday and it was like having the brother that I know back. He was smiling and seemed content. I am thankful. To God be the glory.

Quip for June
You can only do so much maintenance before a vehicle had to go back to the manufacturer for factory approved maintenance.







No comments: