Friday, June 30, 2017

Do You Believe? (cont.)

Good morning.
     You have been concerned and are concerned about the happenings that are going on around you, whether near or far, right? Don't be. Well, what I mean is don't be so concerned that it causes you to live in a state of near panic or quiet fear. Don't be in such a panic that it causes you to almost freeze in a state of confused doubt about the God of heaven. Such was the case for Israel back in Biblical days. The Lord kept telling them that He was with them and would be evermore. All they had to do was believe and obey Him. We have to believe and do His will, too.
     Countries, cities, towns, and locales are all inhabited and run by men, and I have yet to see any man that is able to run over or get the best of God! Have you? So, when I am tempted to worry I prayerfully read my Bible. You should do that, as well. Then I remind myself that the Lord allows men to rise to certain positions for His purposes. It is not given to us to know His purposes most of the time, but we have been given assurance through the scriptures, through the testimonies of a crowd of current witnesses and through the testimonies of our own mind when we revisit situations of the past and look keenly upon events that unfolded. Remember how we thought back then that all was lost that there was no way to get out of a certain mess or away from a dire situation. Remember feeling boxed in on every side. Now, breathe deeply and remember how you felt when relief did come. I imagine that you felt a little like the children of Israel felt when Pharaoh's army was overthrown in the midst of the sea or a little like the occupied countries felt back in World War II when the Allied forces finally hit their shores and brought them release.
     You, my precious readers, must remember to pray. I have been telling you to begin your day with prayer, but you must pray more often than that. You need to cultivate that intimate relationship with the Lord to the point that you can say like Job, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." You need to talk to Him in prayer to the extent that you can say like the Hebrew boys who were thrown into the fiery furnace, "Our God is able, and even if He does not deliver us, it is not because He can't." How faithful did they have to be, faithful to the point of death. It does not mean that you are going to die, but it does mean that you give your all and all to the Lord for you know within your soul that you will not die in any given situation unless it is His will. Armed with that assurance, you keep stepping. You do not worry about threatening or posturing no matter where it comes from. You tell your Father, and if you are afraid, you tell Him that, too. He already knows that you are, but saying it to Him tells Him that you depend on Him as His child. 
     Look at this scripture, y'all! This scripture says that the Great Creator is telling you that He ain't going to sleep! He is saying that He is mindful of you and is ever on the job. You know that I often use these words in my blog, "He sees; He knows, and He cares." Well, it has not changed, He is still seeing, knowing and caring and is laughing in heaven because He knows the end that He has prepared for those who dare, who have the temerity, the audacity to disturb His sheep.

Psalm 121:3 He will not allow your foot to be moved. 
He who keeps you will not slumber. 

You know, I was going to end this blog at this point, but I can't. There are some things that still need telling. I think that I will have to finish this one on tomorrow because it is long enough already. Okay? I will take up with the following scripture on tomorrow. Until then, you keep praying and keep the faith and if you have not been praying, start. I will leave you with this final point, I don't care how many meetings are held in how many boardrooms, war rooms or underground chambers. There is no technology and no invention put in place by anyone or being that can bypass the omnipotence of  I Am. It is as simple as that.

Isaiah 46:4 Even to your old age, I am He, and even to gray hairs I will carry you! I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you. 
Then faith takes a hand and reminds you
Of the road you've traveled so far
How you felt just as bereft back then
And yet,n He brought you through. 
          (excerpt from "Sometimes You Get Tired" from W.O.W. created w.o.w.)

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because He fashioned Me To Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones


Uhm hmm! I will be using this picture in my final talking points on tomorrow. In the meantime, you stop fretting and start praying and trusting more, because God will! And I know that He will!

No comments: