Sunday, May 14, 2017

Fueling Time

Hey! Yes, you! And you and you and you too!
This is Sunday morning and I don't know about you
Bt I am running out of gas and know what I have to do
Am going to the gas station and fill my tanks up
Because last week drained all of my regular fuel 
And most of my reserved tank, too.

So I am going to fill up this morning with premium
I have heard it called high test, which is just what I need
Since my week has been filled with stressful events, indeed
Gonna sing until I can feel the rafters shake, down in my soul
Gonna pray along with the person who is leading the prayer
Gonna open my heart that needs my Lord's healing touch
Gonna soak up the preacher's words that I need so much
And when I leave the filling station, I'm going to be filled up to the top
With enough fuel to last me until the next filling stop.

And I will be able to keep my motor running no matter what lies ahead
Because I stopped by the spiritual filling station and now my soul is well fed
So, you do yourself a favor and act upon the words that you just read
Go to worship today as you follow to where these words of mine led.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones


No comments: