Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Walking by Faith

     Good morning to each of you. I have a quick but powerful thought for you today. Have you ever wanted to kick yourself because of something that you did that caused you to miss, what you considered to be, a great opportunity? That has happened to all of us at some juncture in our lives, I’m sure. But the older I get the more that I realize that that old saying that was put into a song and made popular by Doris Day is so true. “Que sera sera – Whatever will be will be,” is a saying that holds true for all of us, if we but recognize it. You cannot miss something that you never had; you can only miss what you imagined that it was going to be. And often times, we find that it glittered mightily, but was not true gold.
     On the other hand, if the Lord has determined that a certain thing will be, it will be. What we, as His children, have to do is trust Him in all circumstances and wait. If it is going to be, then He will allow it to come to pass. If it is not, then so be it. We have to learn to walk by faith and not by sight. To me, the previous words pack a lot of punch. What have I been telling you about God’s plans? Have you ever known Him from Biblical history to have a plan and have it thwarted by man or whatever? If the Lord is for you and for a thing to happen for you, it will. If He is not, then it won’t. So, in all of your disappointments, setbacks, trials, conflicts, etc. keep close to the Lord and trust that He will work everything out.
    That being said, I must admit, life has made me cautious. I know to not have any preconceived notions about how things are going to work out because I have learned that that is often not the case. But I have learned, too that, “All things work together for good for those who love the Lord.” I have learned that when it comes to me, the best course of action is to wait and see.
     You see, in my utopia there are close conversations with persons where I share my confidences  but that is not the case in my reality. I would like to talk to my mother and some other friends but that is not possible for they are gone. I would like to discuss things with other people still of this world but that is not possible, sometimes. But through it all, I have learned to trust the Lord and to, “Lean not on my own understanding,” which is so substandard. In summarization I say, “Ultimately!” And then, folks, I step on.

Pain may be my companion sometimes
But I step on
Tears may rock my eyes sometimes
And grief may wrestle with my soul
But I step on
For I know that one day in that sweet by and by
No more heartaches, misunderstandings
Confusion, status positions nor mess
Will cloud my little world
Because unmitigated joy

At last, will have been unfurled.

Hope that this blesses your soul. Stayed prayed up and keep stepping.

Answers (in blue) to Questions Posed from Yesterday's Blog 
(Portion of Yesterday's Blog Included for Reference):


Get your prayer in this morning or today
 Always know that it is important 
To make the time to pray 
When you get too busy for prayer
 You, my friend,  have too many things
 Crammed into your day.

I have a deadline that I am trying to reach so I cut the blog short this morning, but the message is long. 

To Ponder:
  1. What does the underlined phrase above, message is long, mean? This phrase means that prayer will, not only, sustain you through every pitfall, trial, mountain, etc. in your life, but will propel you on with contented joy through your days of peace, too.
  2. Write a final verse for the poem to explain the phrase, message is long

You don't want to wait until
Trouble, trials, etc. get in your way
Because He may not be available to you
Since you did not take the time to pray
So, always take the time to chat with your best Friend
For, you know that He will guide you until
You can say, "I finished what You let me begin."

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: