Thursday, March 23, 2017

No, Siree - Yes, Siree!


Good morning! Happy Spring day to you. In keeping with the Spring motif from yesterday, I present to you another poem.

I told you yesterday that Spring had arrived
And along with it the usual signs of Spring
The songbirds, the robins and baby birds
With tiny voices filling the air with
Their wee-throated chirping
Oh, and lest I forget, there is that
Dreaded annual termite swarming.

That swarm is not something that
Any homeowner wants to ever see
Well, guess what folks, the homeowner
Who saw them this time happened to be me.

Was I happy to see the winged insects whose voracious
Appetite can damage or bring my home down around me
My answer to that needless query is a resounding, “No siree!”
Now, must find capital for the depleted till
So that I can pay the exterminator’s bill!
Will I allow this latest sign of Spring
To take my Spring found joy away from me
No, not me, no siree
Because when I look out of my window
I find, with joy,  that the hummingbird family
Having made another pilgrimage back to me
Is flying around for all to see.

Now, you know I would not be me if I
Did not make an application to the Lord by
Using this poem that I just wrote to prod
Us onward in our quest to please our God
Would that we be like the termite and the hummingbird
And feed with relentlessness upon the Written Word
And share the news with our fellowman because it
Would be the best sharing that they had heard

Yes, siree!

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones



No comments: