Wednesday, March 22, 2017

It's Springtime!

Good morning to all. I have composed a poem about Spring and I hope that it brings joy to you.

A time for new beginnings is what I always 
Think about when I think of Spring 
This season gives me a joy different from
 Any that the other seasons bring
It brings to mind, renewal such as we 
Have built into our Christianity.

There is in me a joy that wants to swell
There is in me, optimism that wants to be let loose
There is in me, joyful love that
The life-giving God put there
So, emerge from your chrysalides, butterflies of
Joy optimism and love
Take winged flight and soar high above
Spreading your wonderful selves o'er the skies
To cause to spring forth other butterflies 
Of like such, to propagate the air with 
Joy, optimism, and love.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Am Chopping My Row,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: