Saturday, March 4, 2017

Bad Things Job 14:14

“I’m tired. Why do bad things have to happen anyway? It seems like it is one thing after another.” Have you ever heard anyone say those words or words like them? Sure, you have. Statements like that mean that someone is going through some type of trouble and may have been doing so for quite some time. Statements like that also may denote a leaning toward giving up, maybe even sinking into depression or questioning God.

But this is what I say to a person who utters statements like that or is thinking such thoughts. Wait a minute, baby. Let me tell you something. Bad things happen to all of us, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger. As to why bad things happen, there are any number of reasons why they do. But what we have to do is make the best out of whatever situation we find ourselves in. Things have not always been rosy for me either. But you see me here, don't you? I made it through whatever I was going through. and let me tell you, I have had some mountains, hills, and valleys that I have had to traipse over and go through. Listen to me now, baby, because I want to tell you a little story. This is a story that I sometimes tell when I am doing motivational speaking for various groups. It won't take long because I am going to give you the shortened version. Ready? Okay, then listen up.

On April 16, 1987, my house burned down. The fire was so hot that it even burned up the floor. If you have never experienced a house fire, you have no true idea of the trauma that it wreaks on your life. It will attack you in ways that you never even thought about. It will shake your faith to the core. You will find that you miss things taken for granted such as your children’s baby pictures. You will think about them and cry. but, then you will remember the scripture Job 14:14. (That is enough for today. Come on back tomorrow for the conclusion of my story. It will bless you, I think.) 

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones (Grammy Alma)

Remember when I told you to always look for your blessing in your storm? Uhm Hmm-m.
Job 14:14 is a good reference scripture for today. Read it. I will tie it in tomorrow. Until then, you start thinking about what possible good can come out of the chaos or trouble in which you find yourself.
Until tomorrow, then. And remember (BYDWP Begin your day with prayer. It helps more than you think it does).

So, you think you cannot make it
I tell you, that is just not so
Come on back tomorrow and
I'll tell you what I know.

No comments: