Thursday, February 23, 2017

Boxed in Canyon

Hello, all. Hope that you and your loved ones are faring well this fine Thursday morning.
I want to talk to you about some of the times in our lives when we have been running from our enemies and have run until we are in a boxed in canyon. And you can hear your enemy exclaim with glee, “Aw-w, we got him now!” Those words have been uttered many times in the life of a child of God, but you know what? The foe, the enemy or whatever title or name they go by, forgot that the Shepherd is always mindful of His sheep. And I’m so glad that I am one of His sheep because all I have to do is open my feeble mouth and say, “Father it’s me. I’m in trouble and I wonder do you see what they are trying to do to me? I don’t mean to be a bother and I don’t mean to be a pain, but I need to come in out of this storm and the rain. Can You hear me? Did you hear the glee in my enemy’s words when they said, 'We got him now! The God that he serves must be asleep or He might be dead. At any rate, it doesn’t matter; He ain’t looking now. This is the chance that we have been waiting and hoping for!'”

 I underlined the word “we” in the sentence above because that is often the way that God’s children's enemies come at them. If you will take a look in the annals of Biblical history you will see that this is so. But, I don’t understand why and how the enemies of God’s children think they can get past His ever-watchful eyes. Sometimes I want to say, “Don’t you know that no weapon formed against me shall be victorious? Even if, for whatever reason, He leaves me alone for a while, don’t you know that He will, if I bleat; He will, if I cry; He will, if I whimper; He will come to see about me? And He will bring His rod, His staff and whatever weapons from His arsenal that is needed? Don’t be so jubilant and joyful that you have me on the run and have me boxed in because, don’t you know that while I was running, I was bleating; while I was running, I was whimpering; and while I was running, I was crying in prayer to my Father, I AM? All I can say to you is that I wouldn’t want to be you..."


So, reader, for the times that you will be boxed in by your enemies, keep a close relationship with Him so that He will hear your bleating, your whimpering, and your crying. For, in the words of my Gran-Gran, "I declare! He will make everything alright!

I decided to add a poem for you today:


"Touch Not"

It does not pay to bother a person
That the Lord has put His mark upon
For He will engage you in battle
And you will have nowhere to run.

You see what He did to Egypt
When they bothered the Israelites
After their tangle with the LORD
They tried their best to take flight.

It did them no good to run
For they had already stirred Him up
HIS fury was unfurled and they had
To drink from the bitter cup.
                                                        -(excerpt from W.O.W. created w.o.w., p. 190)



Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Stepping On Jones

No comments: