Monday, January 23, 2017

What's Gonna Happen Now?

Good morning, all. Hope that you are faring well and that your loved ones are, too.

Think about how many times you have heard people use the words in our title? Yes, it seems that there is never a shortage of doomsday criers and naysayers! And they always get bent out of shape over changes. I guess that it is just human nature to want to stick to what you know. Well, I want to give you something to think about today, something that will carry you on through your life, no matter what changes occur. But before I give you that final thought for today's blog, I want to share with you what I said to my fellowmen on my facebook post on yesterday. Here is the post:
Yes, we did. We "...judged by the content of character and not by the color of skin." A dream realized, Former President Obama and Michelle. 

Now, there is a new President of the United States! President Trump has been elected by the people. Hush, sh sh, hush now. No matter what has been said and or done before, he starts with a clean slate. Give him the chance that you would want for your own son or daughter. That is only right... sh, sh hush now, my fellowmen. Let's all take each other's hands and go high as we walk with President Trump, in Jesus' name. 

While I am not a preacher, I would like to invite you to pray with me. Will you bow? 

Dear Father in heaven, we come before you asking for your bountiful blessing upon the new administration of our land, The United States of America. Just as we prayed for the Former President, so we pray for this One. Please guide his and his cabinet's decisions in the day to day policy making both here and abroad. Bless President Trump with the near wisdom of Solomon and the heart of David. Please help us ALL TO WORK TOGETHER for the common good of this great land in which You have allowed us to live. In the name of Jesus, we pray, Amen!

That, folks, is what has carried this grandmother to where she has gone in life, prayer. Love one another and pray for one another. Alright, I think that Grammy Alma has said enough, y'all. 

Oh, one parting thought, "Begin each day with prayer." BYDWP individually.
If you serve the Lord, then you are a person of faith, because "...for without faith, it is impossible to please Him." As people of faith, we must walk thusly, thereby showing our Father our trust in Him while, at the same time, keeping our fellowmen from despairing. In my last blog, remember that I gave you some traveling "music", so to speak. And what was that? "Even the very hairs of your head are numbered." No, I don't think that you fully comprehended what I said, so I will say it again with emphasis. "EVEN THE VERY HAIRS OF YOUR HEAD ARE NUMBERED!" That means that you are so precious to God that wherever you go and in whatever situation you find yourself, He goes with you. And who is He, the shepherd that guards you, His sheep! Woo! Those are some powerful words, but you know folks, we sometimes need powerful reminding of Who we say we serve.

So, I say to America and the rest of the world, "Trust in the Lord, the Father, Savior, and Friend of mankind. Put this color on your viewing glasses and step on!

Y'all be blessed.

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: