Thursday, January 19, 2017

More Than, Even I, Can Imagine!

A very good morning to all of you! If you didn't know, I had surgery for bone spurs on my foot. Let me tell you, that is some kind of pain to deal with. I practically ran to the doctor for the surgery! Nevertheless, the surgery went fine and now we are in the recuperating stage. I tend to forget for a second or two and want to flit through the house as I am accustomed to doing, but those stitches will let me know in a heartbeat, to slow down. (tee hee)

I think that I told you earlier that I was on a major undertaking in that I am trying to publish three books this year. This will be a first for me and I solicit your prayers toward that regard. I have been posting daily to my blogs these past few years. That will no longer be the case. What I propose to do is publish my blog twice a week. Since today is Thursday and I am posting today, I will post on Mondays and on Thursdays, however, my posts may be of a length to warrant continuing the following day. I am just trying this out for now and things may change as I feel the need to do so. I will keep you in the loop as far as what I am doing. 

I do have several big things in the works right now and the day seems, at times, not long enough for me to accomplish all that I would like to crowd into it. Having said that, let's get to our thought for the day.

Thursday's Thought for the Day
As I was doing my devotional reading from my Power for Today, I was made to remember a scripture that I have read many times but had never quite internalized it like I did today. That scripture is 2 Kings 4:1-7.  Read it for yourself and you will see that it deals with a woman whose husband has died and the creditors are coming to take her sons for slavery because she has no money to pay her debts. In her desperation with her situation, she went to a man of God that she knew (Elisha) and laid her case before him. Well, when he heard what her problem was, he asked her what she had in her house. That meant what of value did she have that she could readily get capital for. She told him that she only had “a jar of oil.” That does not seem like much, does it? But she had a lot and did not know it. She had faith! And she acted upon that faith and went to a Godfearing, prayerful and righteous man. Did you hear what I just said? That statement bears repeating and with a little more emphasis this time. And she acted upon that faith and went to a Godfearing, prayerful and righteous man. Let me stick a pin of remembrance here for you. It pays to cultivate friendships with Godfearing, prayerful people. Why do I say that, because the Bible says that “The prayers of the righteous availeth much.” You see, sometimes we get hit with things that are just too much for us to handle alone. That is when Godly associations are beneficial to us. And let me say something else while I am flying over this territory. If you know that a person is a Godfearing and prayerful person, be kind to them and do what you can to make their walk a little easier because you know as well as I do, that when trouble arises we want to look to them to look to God to fix the trouble. What I am saying is this, “Will the city be saved for 50 righteous? 40…?” Not everybody can get a prayer through because they have not cultivated a strong prayerful relationship with the Lord. Yep, I said it and when you think about it, you will think the same thing, if you don’t already.
It looks like this post is going to be lengthy enough to be continued tomorrow.
See you then!

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma L. Jones

B.P.S. - Can you figure out why this post is entitled as it is? Read with me tomorrow to see why.

No comments: