Sunday, November 13, 2016

Ya Know!

Hello, everybody that is reading this blog. No, I have not had the pleasure of having my tea, just yet. I will do that as soon as I finish this session for you. I just wanted to give you some encouragement for your upcoming week.

You know; sometimes we have to have a hardened shell because that is what it takes to make it through this life. People just will not like you if you try to live for the Lord and that is something that I had to learn. But, when you count up the cost, every barb, every insult, etc. is worth it all just to know that you will be looked upon with favor when He makes that final roll call. None of it will matter and we can have peace, forevermore. Hence my poem for the day:

Ya' know? I just don't care what you think about me 
Sure, like most everybody else, I'd like to enjoy popularity
But not to the extent that I would choose you over Him
Not even when you make my smile wattage go dim.

He has heaven to put me in, and you, well...you
Can not even save your own soul, truth be known
So why should I give in to you, because when 
You die, your soul will be gone
To meet your maker to live in your final home.

So you choose for you and I choose for me
For I want to rest easy in the land of my finality
You are just not worth the cost of punishment for all eternity
...Ya' know; I don't care what you say nor think about me!

For Pondering:
  1. What is the theme of this poem?
  2. What can you ascertain from the speaker's tone?
  3.  What is the message of the poem?
  4. Is there persecution in the poem and if so, where? Please substantiate.
Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones


No comments: