Sunday, October 16, 2016

What Ornaments Are on Your Tree?

Inspiration
Hello! Just wanted to say that it is nearing that time. Have to scoot to get ready. Still have bread to put it  in the oven.

I did get the bread done, the beef roast and potatoes, the green beans and the corn, too. Made it to worship on time. After that we went to a neighboring congregation for worship with a visiting evangelist. We had a hallelujah celebratory good time in lifting our voices in song to the Lord!

Now, it is Sunday night and I am beat. But I wanted to finish my blog for today and post it.

Writing
Children's book soon to be published.

Poetry
-A New Ornament for the Tree                      
                             Mercy

             I am glad that I have not
        Been dealt with as I deserved
   I am glad that justice was tendered
With mercy and that is what I was served.

 Make no mistake; it still rankles when my
    Thoughts dwell on wrongs done to me
         But, I remember that I was given
                 A generous helping of
                             Mercy.

-Grammy Alma

(How about that shape poetry?  Cute? And I am thankful for his grace in using me as a vessel for His glory to come shining through.)

Quips/Quotes
A chosen vessel travels a weary path.

Upcoming Events


  • Inspirational Speaker for Ladies Day – Church of Christ at Thirteenth and Lee, Mayfield, KY, October 15, 2016, 10 am. The Ladies Day in Mayfield was spectacular. I had been asked to be their speaker for the event and am thankful that all seemed to go extremely well. People were very complimentary of my speech and I was blessed to part with several books.



  • Writer's group meets October 22, at 2p.m. at the Graves County Library, Mayfield, KY.


No comments: