Tuesday, October 11, 2016

If God Has Plans for You

Good morning. all.  How are things in your world? I hope, fine.

Inspiration
You know. I am finding, in my walk with the Lord, that there is no guessing, on my part, where He will lead me. If you had told me when I was ten years old that I would someday become a writer and have a blog that readers around the world cater to, I would have dismissed you as a crackpot. That is certainly understandable when you consider that computers for the ordinary consumer were virtually unheard of and nobody had ever heard of the word, "blog."

But now! Oh, but now! My heart rejoices and my soul praises Him in His blessing of allowing me to be a writer after I have had a successful career as a teacher and as a Housing Coordinator for the State of Tennessee.
Someone once remarked to me, "Mrs. Alma, you have a whole lot of children. The whole world is your child. While I don't know about that, I do know that I will go where He sends me and attend to the needs that He shows me.
He is using me to spread my caring hand the world around. I now have a little fellow who lives in the Philipines that I have taken under my wings. No, I do not know him, but his mother reached out to me and we are trying to do some things for him. I will keep you apprised of the situation as it unfolds as long as I can do so with the blessings of his mother.

Who would have thought that the Lord would allow my mothering hand to reach half a world away to a land across the seas and find work to do there? Who would have thought? I certainly wouldn't and didn't. What a mighty God we serve!

Writing
Compiling a chapbook for children or preteens and dedicating it to my little friend in the Philipines, if his mother allows.

Poetry
Little friend in the Philipines
You are never alone, for one day
After you have come into your own
You will look back on this time
And realize that the God of heaven
Watched over you from His throne.

You will marvel over the fact that 
He touched the heart of a budding 
Writer to take a special interest in you
From  half a world away!

Quips/Quotes
"If the Lord has plans for you, those plans cannot be thwarted!"

Upcoming Events

Inspirational Speaker for Ladies Day – Church of Christ at Thirteenth and Lee, Mayfield, KY, October 15, 2016, 10 am. 

No comments: