Thursday, October 27, 2016

Yes, Young People, God Does Hear You Pray!

Inspiration
I just want to say to all, that God does hear you when you pray and don't let anybody tell you differently!  How to go about it, somebody might ask. Here are five points that I want you to always remember when you pray.
  1. Start your day off with Him. Don't wait until your life is a mess before you go seeking Him. And don't seek Him later in the day after you have gotten to work or taken care of pressing needs, etc. Don't relegate God to the fringes of your life. When you meet a cherished friend, you don't ignore them until it is convenient, do you? No, you don't; so don't do similar things to our Lord. Okay? If you will put Him first He will be near at all times. That is what I have found to be true through the years.
  2. Acknowledge and ask forgiveness for your sins.
  3. Thank Him for His lovingkindness, justice, and His righteousness. Remember that I told you in an earlier blog that He delights in these things (Jeremiah 29:11).
  4. Pray for world peace and the less fortunate in the world. Remember in Luke 8 that Jesus was moved with compassion because of the multitude and their need.
  5. Pray in faith, making your petition known to God.
  6. Close your prayer with the words, "In Jesus name, Amen." This has worked for me over the years, may you be blessed in your efforts, as well.

Writing
Mentioned this blog in the video done on YouTube, Oct. 25, 2016.
Poetry
A portion of a poem from page 100 from W.O.W. created w.o.w. is quoted in the video that I shared with you today.
Quips/Quotes
"Meet my best Friend, Jesus."
Upcoming Events

I took the lesson that I did for the Ladies' Day a couple of Saturdays ago and tweaked it to make it a lesson for young folks. If there are some of you who wonder why I am so bent on young folks, three reasons:
  • They are important to the Lord.
  • They are the church of tomorrow and will need some staying power when they get out into this world trying to make it on their own.
  • You are an adult and you need staying power from time to time. Well, so do they.
Here is the first of the videos entitled, "Yes, Young People, God Does Hear You When You Pray." Enjoy!


Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones (Grammy Alma)

No comments: