Sunday, July 24, 2016

"Stamina" Expounded Upon a Bit

Good morning, all! Today, I wanted to take the poem that I gave you on yesterday and break it down a bit for you. You see; there may be several folks out there that feel like they are living right in the middle of the poem that I wrote for you yesterday. I am going to make that poem not seem so egregious.

Broken inside and hollow
But still the road planned for me
I must always follow
The LORD is my Shepherd
And learn in self-doubt and pity
Never to, long wallow.

Have to have the stamina
When I was bothered and feeling down
And to look upon me was to see a frown
You dried my tears and put a smile on my face
And gave me the stamina to keep running my race.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul:
To keep going on and on
No matter how strong the wind
The wind and the waves shall obey  Thy will
All You gotta say
Peace! Be still!
 He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
No matter the seeming wrong
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Nor the unfairness of your plight
 It's not about you
It's about something bigger than you
It's about the work that has been
Apportioned for you to do.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
You just have to keep going
In hopes that He will make things right.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
No matter the terribleness of the bear 
Or the lion in your life
No matter what stormy situation 
You might find yourself in
Jesus has the soothing power
To make things right again!



Questions Answers Concerning To Ponder from Yesterday:
1. To what Biblical character could the above poem be referring? This could be referring to any of several Bible characters, such as Job, Daniel, Elijah, etc. But I chose to focus on David today. I just made mention of the bear and the lion that David, when but a boy, saved his daddy's sheep from. That and this entire blog today says that same thing. 
Here, let me break it down a little more for you and I hope that those of you who are afraid and running from the bear or lion in your life (i.e., have some bad trouble)  that your soul will be blessed when I finish. If you are not going through something at this point in your life, bookmark this session for quick reading for whenever you do. 

  • Jesus is your Shepherd, and He has come prepared for the job. He has His rod and His staff to protect you from the bear and lion or whatever else.
  • Like any good shepherd, He knows when you get tired so he takes you to green pastures so that you can lie down and rest so that you can regain your strength. He does not just stop at any place. He chooses a place that has plenty of water for you to quench your thirst. 
  • But He doesn't stop there. He prepares a feast for you right in the presence of your enemies as if to say, "I'm feeding my sheep who are under my watchful eye. Now take that, you enemy of my sheep!" And you know He does not carry the rod and the staff for nothing. He is prepared and ready to handle any anything that troubles His sheep. Now how is that for feeling loved and protected? Nice, huh?


2. Do you think situations are set up today such as this? Provide rationalization to prove your point. Somebody out there answered this one by saying, "Yes they do; take a look at my life if you don't believe me!"

Green Highlight is the 23rd Psalm
Yellow Highlight is words from a comforting song that I thought fit.
Blue Highlight is another verse that I was inspired to pen for you.

Now those of you who don't know what it means can join me in the words of my second book, DEI Sub Numine Viget (Under God's Spirit, She/He Flourishes)

If you have enjoyed and been inspired by the blogging sessions that I have provided for you, through inspiration, then get yourself a copy of W.O.W. created w.o.w.  You will not be disappointed! Well, you haven't been so far; have you? tee hee Just sayin'. You see, when it comes to working for the Lord, I do not play and try to do my best! 

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

Aside - I hope that, though today's format was a little different,  you were not bothered by the unusualness of it.





No comments: