Friday, December 4, 2015

He Decided It Was Killing Time

Hello all!  I got called in to sub today, so I am late with my blog post for today. Hope you and yours are faring well. Blessed and happy Friday to all!

Remember Daniel, Moses, the three Hebrew boys and Jesus? Of course you do! Well, there was/were a person/persons who wanted the above persons lives terminated. (just as people today go on shooting rampages, deciding that it is time to take some people out) The Lord was not ready for Daniel to die, so in spite of what the king decreed, He saved Daniel from the hungry lions. The king said it was killing time, but the Lord said, "No!" There was a king that wanted Moses killed during his infancy, but the Lord had other plans for him and said, "No!"   Similar scenarios played out in the other two lives. We all know how Jesus' life turned out. He was not killed while He was an infant, contrary to what Herod wanted. Yes, I am trying to make a point here. The point that I am trying to make is this, "If you belong to the Lord, then don't worry about situations; don't fret about situations; pray about it all!  Tell Jesus about it all. If you have a concern in your life, be it great or small, tell Jesus about it all!"

Why am I raising this point at this time? I'm doing so because several people have expressed to me their concern over the mass killings that are happening worldwide. No need to be unduly concerned. Just get your house in order; keep it in order and continue to live your life for the Lord. Remember the Bible says, "Fear not him who can kill the body, but Him that can destroy both body and soul in hell." After a mass murderer kills you, there is no more that he can do.

Think about this for a moment, will you? There are two entities of power in this world, one GOD and the other Satan. We all know what Jesus purports and stands for, love. So an opposing force to Jesus would stand for just the opposite, right? So, don't be surprised at all of these killings in various places. Just you do what you need to do to be ready and don't let anybody steal your joy. And lastly, the adversary can only do what the Lord allows him to do, no more. Read the book of Job in the Bible, Chapters 1 and 2 and you will see what I am talking about.
Remember, trust Jesus for He is a faithful friend. 

Here is a quick poem that I wrote on my Twitter today, as a reminder.

"Getting & keeping your house in order"
Is a wise thing to do
Then you are ready, come what may
For peace and serenity will reign with you.

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones 

Aside - Here is another poem to help you come to grips with the unsettled state of affairs in this world.

Worry not about tomorrow
About what this life may bring
Just hang your hat on Jesus' love
And because of that, sing!

What is my favorite word in my Arsenal of faith? That's right! Ultimately!

No comments: