Thursday, December 17, 2015

A Work in Progress

Blog post still being written, come back in 10 minutes or so. Okay? That statement is similar to what could be said of our lives here on earth, except the phrase, "10 minutes" would be substituted for, "a few years." Don't you agree? Wonder what the final "blog" about us will be! That is a somber thought isn't it?
 But, in the meantime, good morning! How are you faring this December day? I hope, well. If not, as with all trouble, "This too, shall pass" or as the "old folks" used to say, "So glad that trouble don't last always!"  However, in the midst of whatever may be going on in our lives, we must remember that we are to express thankfulness. Therefore, I wrote a poem, as an expression of thankfulness, about the great God that we serve. Enjoy!

            Grateful!

Never thought about the number
Of beats per minute that my heart
Rate is said to be, nor much about
The skin casing that houses me
Never thought about the capillaries
Veins, cells and what have you, that
Were put together to make me be me
JUST THOUGHT THE ARCHITECT
OF IT ALL
WHO DID NOT STOP WHEN HE MADE ME
BUT STILL LISTENS FOR MY FEEBLE
VOICE WHEN I CALL
Grateful!

That is all I have for today, as I am going back over to post some more to my Twitter account, for it seems to have a following. I appreciate you and do enjoy the fireside chats that we have together from time to time. Our blogging sessions help me and I certainly hope they help you as well, as we continue to ford the stream of life. BYDWP

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

Aside - About mission from yesterday...Hmph! Enough said!
Heard it said, "Things are often
Not what they seem"
But at the plight of a child
Without Christmas, even burned &
Wary hearts will soften.

I think tomorrow I will blog on, "Being known for having a caring heart." Do you think that is a good subject for a one day's blog? I do! And so, that is what I think that we shall feast upon on tomorrow. I don't know, I may do it in the form of a short story or not. It depends upon how I am lead to do it. Enjoy the rest of your day and invite the Lord with you everywhere you go!

No comments: