Monday, November 9, 2015

Going Away


Today a part of me makes
Her move out into the world
Don't know what is in store
For my special little girl.


But faith tells me that she will be okay
For Jesus holds her hand
At the end of the day.

Other mothers of special children have had
Such a day as this one that made them sad
But time brings about a needed change
And that needed change is not bad.

For things get done that were needed
A good while ago, though it's hard to see her go
You, kind mother, get to see her blossom
And make new friends and associates
In spite of her disability, you know.

For Pondering:

  1. What is the underlying theme of the poem? The mood?
  2. Why is this poem entitles as it is?
  3. What do you imagine that the scenario of this poem is? Write a paragraph or two to depict this scenario.
Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

Aside: Explanation on Wednesday on the occasion of the writing of this poem.

No comments: