Thursday, October 1, 2015

Worth a Thousand Words...


Hello all! 
Can't stand on niceties and ceremony this morning! I found a scripture that I did not know was in the Bible!  This scripture is power packed! Going to make a quick application to life, as we know it, with reference to this scripture and the rest of the day will be yours to do with as you will. I do hope; however, that this scripture will rest upon your heart and give you cause to reflect, ponder and be blessed thereby.

You see that I have circled in hot pink the phrase, "alone only to test him" and have underlined the phrase, "He might know all that was in his heart.". I highlighted these two phrases here in my blog also. Why? Highlighted them because these phrases are where I found my and your blessings during my  daily Bible  reading on yesterday morning. I was so keyed up that I could hardly wait to write to you about what I found, but I made myself wait until today!

So here we go! Now, y'all know that I have been going through some troubling things from time to time, right? And some of you have too. And I can tell you that, at times (just like you), things got so rough for me that I had to remember Job, Daniel, the Hebrew boys and a whole slew of people mentioned in Hebrews, Chapter 11. 

Now, don't get me wrong. I have read my Bible through many times, but that scripture never popped out to me until yesterday. Here's what popped out to me:
  1. That scripture says to me, that if you are faithful to the Lord, sometimes when things get so rough and you feel like you have been left alone, you are under GOD's microscope! You see, He is watching you to see just how you hold up under a tremendous onslaught! 
  2. That scripture says to me, that Hezekiah was was never alone, although he could not see a way out through human eyes. 
  3. BUT! He didn't forget WHOSE child he was! He didn't forget the spiritual privilege of prayer! In the midst of His trouble, he turned to his GOD! Hezekiah and Isaiah prayed to GOD  about the situation.   I underlined and bold faced the previous sentence because I, once again, want to reiterate the power of prayer. You see yet again the proving of the scripture that says, "The prayers of the righteous availeth much."
  4. Hezekiah got himself some prayer help and together they petitioned GOD! 
So the next time that you are tempted to throw your hands up and cry, "Woe is me", remember WHOSE child you are! As long as you remain faithful, you are NEVER alone!

Now you can relate to Job when he cried, "Though HE slay me, yet will I trust HIM!"  I hope that this blog entry blessed your spirit today, for it did mine, yet again...

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

Aside - What am I humming now? I Will Trust in the LORD, of course! My scripture that popped out at me is found in 2Chronicles 32:31.

No comments: