Friday, October 16, 2015

Sweet Friday

Hello everybody. It is up with the chickens again, I am! Yep! After my morning prayer time, and blogging time, and manuscript time, I am kitchen bound! I know that Friday is sweet for most of you because it is the last day of work for the week for you and I applaud that; however, it is sweet for me because I have dessert orders to fill. Making several cakes and pies and one cobbler!

Call me a strange bird, but I get excited when I get in my kitchen, especially when I have orders to fill!  So today, aromatic sweetness will be wafting through the house. Hm-m-m, that made me think. If an aroma could be attached to our lives as people of the LORD, I wonder what kind of savor it would be. I like to think that mine would be the aroma of faith, prayer, perseverance, charity plus the rest of the fruits of the spirit and seven graces.

When you pass a bakery, the smell tantalizes you doesn't it? Uhm hum, well a Godly life does the same thing: "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto Me." Yep that is something to ponder on this sweet Friday morning isn't it?

But, you know what will be sweetest? It will be when HE says, "Well done" and takes HIS hands and wipes the tears from my eyes. Ah-h, how sweet it will be!

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

No comments: