Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Attacked Because You're Chosen

Alma L. Jones (@Jonesa54Jones)
If you are His child & find
Yourself under attack
Because you are the "Chosen One"
Relax and remember who
Won the battle ere day was done!


Being attacked because you are chosen by the LORD is as old as Biblical history.  The story that we identify with, perhaps more than most is, the story of Job in the Old Testament. I have mentioned several such scenarios to you before of people who have been attacked, so there is no need to say much this time on that score, as that is not my focus today. What I do want to focus on, is what should be our response when we are attacked! 

Let me preface by saying that if GOD has chosen you, then you will be attacked, no doubt about it. It is just a question of when. Some attacks are of short duration, while others last a good long while, such as the supercell onslaught inflicted on Job. However, during your attack, you must at all costs, read your Bible, pray and meet and commune  with the saints of GOD.  The Bible tells us that "The prayers of the righteous availeth much!" 

So don't worry about when it will be over, instead concern yourself with the condition of your faith, before, during and after the attack  and your continual service to Jesus. This brings me to a scripture that leaped out at me the other day, as I was doing my daily devotion: Psalm 37:4.  That scripture along with Psalm 46 tells me not to be bothered about any wicked schemes that may be hatched against me. Those two scriptures along with Romans 8:28 tell me that, in the end, Jesus is going to win! Now since I know that He is on the winning side, I just have to make sure that I stay close to Him, talk to Him, read about Him, worship Him and meet with the saints about Him. If I do those things, I will be assured of a victory!

Now verse 4 jumped out at me because, it says to me, "Not only will I protect you but I will give you the things you desire most." It says to me, "Don't worry about the evil man or woman that seem to have the upper hand right now. You are going to get what you want and they are going to get what they deserve."  (You really need to read the entire chapter of Psalm 37; it will bless your heart!) They dare to offend His child! I think not for long! He says, "I am laughing at them already because I know their end!" Oo-oo we-ee! The Devils know that when He gets stirred up like this that trouble is coming to some! They know it so well that they tremble! (James 2:19)

How about that, child of GOD? When your enemy attacks you, they get HIM stirred up! When He gets stirred up, He shows out by doing Godstuff!  I don't even have to tell you about the fiery furnace and the Red Sea and what have you. You already know the story. All I have to say is, "Stay faithful, keep praying, keep meeting with the saints, keep reading your Bible and keep praying and stand back and watch Him move on your behalf!" I have seen enemies of mine go scurrying for cover, only to have the cover ripped off of them. I have seen Him do such terrible things to people that I was moved to pray and intervene on their behalf.

I'm not saying that I am something special because I am not. But, what I am saying is that Something Special dwells on the inside of me and draws and drives me to some heights that I don't understand, myself. I just know that if "I keep my delight in Him, He will... He will give me the desires of my heart!"


PsalmsChapter 37
(A Psalm of David.) Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.
For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.
Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.
Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

So our response to our attacks should be staying faithful and waiting on Him! As my Granny used to say, "I declare, He will make it alright!"  So just like the Bible says in Psalm 46, "GOD is our refuge and strength a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear though the earth be removed and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea. Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled...."  I have written this for you from memory and may have paraphrased a bit, but I can tell you this, when you can quote an entire passage of scripture as you continue to do His bidding and serve Him, then you too can rely on ULTIMATELY and not worry about the machinations of your attacker(s)! You too will take solace, even smiling through your tears, as you say in your heart, "Be still my soul and see the salvation of Jesus!"

You can say all of this as you enjoy your bounty of blessings promised in Psalm 37:4.  W.O.W. - WORKER OF WONDERS! I hope that I helped you by  inspiring and encouraging  you. I did indeed inspire and encourage myself!

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
woman of work - w.o.w.
Alma Jones

No comments: