Wednesday, September 16, 2015

You Sure? Better Take a Second Look!



Do you see the tiny bug? It looks so innocent and the flower smells so, so sweet! Do you see how close I got to snap the picture of the tiny bug? All so innocent and calm, right? NOT!!!!! 
The picture you see nestled below was on a leaf just below the beautiful Moon Lily Flower!


Oh horrible looking creature! How I did scream!
That beautiful sweet smelling flower with the worm hiding just beneath!



Hey! Wait a minute! That worm will be a beautiful moth one day. Hm-m-m.
That can be applied to life; can it not? 
Something like, *"Man looks on the outside, but GOD looks on the heart."

Let me see if I can enlarge upon some life applications to this scenario:  

To be cont. 

Hello all. I am back. Even though I am finishing this thought on the next day morning from when I started this topic, I thought that by adding in to this day’s blog, I would be making it less arduous for you to keep up with my train of thought.
Let’s see; I was going to make a couple of life applications to the worm situation wasn’t I?
 
1.       Another thought that can be garnered from this flower/worm scenario is that, “All that glitters is not gold.” You can get a message from this in realizing that a lot of things are fairly easy to get in to but leave you chastened and less trusting by the time that you get out of them. Another way to say something similar is, “Look before you leap.” This is a thought that I often tell young people. “Every action has a consequence so, think about the consequences of your actions! You might not be so quick as to jump.”
2.       The point that I want to labor on the most, refers back to the asterisk from several sentences above. Have you ever had something so devastating to happen to you that you wondered why GOD allowed it to be?  You might think, “I try to live right; I don’t bother anyone; I give to charity, etc.” All of us have played that same tune in our heads at some point or another and if you haven’t, you will. Just keep living. But Romans 8:28 says, “All things work together for good for those that love the LORD.” A lot of us do not fully understand that scripture. I did not for a long time, that is, not until I heard a fellow Christian say that all things that happen to us may not be good, but all of it can be made to beneficial to and for us, no matter who orchestrates it. Well, that sentence made the trying times go down a little easier. To further add to that thought, the Holy Writ says that the LORD knows them that are HIS and that HIS eyes rove to and fro over the earth observing those whose hearts are toward HIM. (I took the liberty of loosely paraphrasing that thought, but you get my drift.) Now, you might be saying to yourself, “What in the world does this have to do with a flower and a worm?” Hold on; I’m getting there. (I just have to take my time and build an adequate foundation for the point that I am trying to make and then too, not everyone picks things up as readily, perhaps as you. I’m sure you have been told that once or twice in your life. Hm-m-m?) back to the point I was trying to make, since we agree that the LORD knows all of our hearts, then HE knows us inside and out. If HE sees something in our character that needs strengthening or needs to be weeded out, then don’t you know that HE can use situations in our lives to accomplish HIS purpose? Alright, case in point – literal and figurative. The worm incident, as unpleasant as it was for me strengthened me as far as worms are concerned. Why did I say that? About a year ago, we had a similar incident with a worm as large; however,  my reaction to this year’s worms was muted when compared to how I screamed when I saw last year’s huge worm! I lit up the neighborhood, turned on the siren and sounded the tornado alarm, all with the rising and falling that I put in the wailing that erupted and kept erupting from my throat. I screamed so that I unnerved my husband and he turned to me and very quietly, almost whisperingly, asked me not to do that. I must have thought that he said turn it up a few decibels because that is exactly what I did. I think that reason deserted me and pure primal woman took over for a few minutes. With this year’s worm, I screamed softly one time and then whimpered and shivered and shivered and whimpered. The way I see it, last year’s worm got me acclimatized to its existence, so to speak. So with this year’s worm, there was not that raw shock. (Why do I use the term raw shock? I use it because the worm was so huge lying there on the rug in front of my garage door, that I thought that it was a child’s toy. So you can just imagine my horror when that thing started wiggling its segmented body. He looked like several green doughnuts that had been stacked sideways and laid on the rug with white candy sprinkles interspersed on them.) So as horrible as my time with last year’s worm was, I realized with the presence of this year’s worm, that I had grown! Yea me!
So, when unpleasant things happen, hold on to your faith. Now, my point is this: situations, though unpleasant can cause us to grow! Deep isn’t it? I know; but now you know why I took the time and laid the foundation as well as I did.
 
Having said all of that, I want to let you know that my topic for our next few blog sessions together is “Faith.”
Be blessed and always BYDWP.
 
Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones
 
 

No comments: