Sunday, September 6, 2015

Happy, Happy Sunday

Hey! Yes you! Get a move on! Get your coffee; eat a bite; lay out your clothes...you know the routine. Let's get ourselves prepared to go worship the LORD and give HIM some praise! Woo! Woo! Yep, you know it; I feel a song coming on!
I Feel Like Praising HIM is my song that I whipped out this morning!

You know? You never know how your walk with HIM is being viewed, do you? I get up early most days so as to squeeze the things into my life that have value to me, first. As most of you know, I do my praying, thinking, blog writing and poem writing in the early a.m., right? Well, yesterday one of my friends who lives several states away quipped out, "Woman, when do you sleep?" I had to laugh at her and at myself. Here is why:

  • There comes a time in life when you realize that you don't have as many years before you as you have behind you. 
  • Then you become introspective. You think, "Now, I've led a pretty straight forward life, but have I done all that I could? 
  • Then you set out to make more and more of your time count in trying to render service to HIM. (Yep, you guessed it! That's the reason I write a blog, poetry, have speaking engagements, book signings, etc.)
  • I have asked the LORD to not let me rust out, but to wear out. That simply means that I have to do everything that I can while the blood is running warm in my body. (Hence, the way that I sign my blog, "Doing What I Can, While I Can." I laughingly made this fact known to my friend.
  • To which she replied, "Well, I don't think you have to worry about rusting out!"
That, to me, was confirmation. It says to me that the journey that I am on, the sacrifices that I make, etc. are not going for nought! When your friends notice, then you know that you are, at least, in the ballpark!

There is an old song (No, I am not going to sing this one, uhm on second thought, I might.) that says:
If I can help somebody, as I pass along
If I can cheer somebody with a word or song 
If I can show somebody, he's traveling wrong
Then my living shall not be in vain.

(Teehee couldn't help myself, I just had to sing it! You wish you could have heard it? Uhm, maybe not... Teehee I never said that I was the best songbird, but I do so love to lift my voice in praise to HIM!)

Be blessed!

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones


No comments: