Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Mrs. Ruby Saga 1 (Cont.)

Good day! Good day! Good day!  My cup ran over this morning folks and I can scarcely contain myself! You know how I talked in one of my earlier blogs about the care packages the the LORD can send to you like you used to do or would do when/if  you had a child away from home in the military or in college?  Well, this morning I got one of the biggest care packages that I have received in this life. (Not the biggest, but it ranks way up there!) You say I sound excited? That would be an understatement! I am over the moon with giddiness. I have screamed so that my throat is about raw! But I have calmed down enough to write you a snippet or two.  Okay?

     Mrs. Ruby...now where did we leave off on yesterday?  Yeah, now I remember. I had just mentioned to you that she was to find out later that besides being a little bruised, she had a mild concussion and three broken ribs.  After she fainted on the examining cot yesterday, when she tried to get up, her doctor ordered a series of tests, one of which was an artery scan.  He told her that he had been concerned about the blackout spells (as Mrs. Ruby calls them) that she had been having. You know; it never rains but it pours. It seems that way a lot of the time in life, at any rate. But you have to remember to hang on in spite of whatever because you don't know what is just around the corner for you.  Mrs. Ruby's tests showed that she was suffering from arteriosclerosis. The tests showed that she had a 90% blockage and a 70% blockage.

     As you can guess, Mrs. Ruby did not take this news well at all. She fussed at all of the nurses, swatted at the maid and  told the doctor to get out! She even sobbingly told the welcome wagon hostess not to put another funeral smelling flower in her room! Bless her heart! She was always a bit of a fussbudget when she was ill longer than two days and could not get outside, "to be one with nature." That's how she calls it anyway. Mrs. Ruby became the talk of the hospital when she went to sleep praying and off and on, all night long, cried, prayed and hiccuped  in her sleep.

I tell you folks, she is one miserable little lady. But things are to take a turn for her. Will it be a turn for the better or for the worse? We'll see on tomorrow shan't we?


Aside: Oh, you wanted to know why I was so over the moon happy.  Well, I will tell you...
Nope! On second thought I don't think I will. I'll let you ponder over it, if you want to or not. Tee hee
Ha ha ha Gotcha! (lol).

No, really, the reason I am so happy is with relief. As some of you know, I have a daughter who is special at home. She has been wanting to go to a group home for years but we could not support her in one and she had not qualified for the State Medicaid Waiver program. She has been leading us a  merry dance as she let us and anyone else she could know that she wanted to go to a group home. Our lives as well as her own have been strewn with temper tantrums, cussing fits, etc. for years. We are thankful that the LORD has allowed her to be accepted for placement so that we can, hopefully, see her settled, happy and leading a fulfilled life. Stress and pressure will be off of all concerned, but mostly she will feel like a fulfilled person in her own right. Please join me in wishing her well as she takes this new step in life.

No comments: