Tuesday, March 3, 2015

"Though HE Slay Me..."

Job said in the book of Job, "Though HE slay me, yet will I trust HIM."  Abraham was prepared to offer up his son, at the command of the LORD...  The Hebrew boys, when the fiery furnace was being stoked hotter than was normal, just for their throwing in, said, "Even if HE does not deliver us, it's not because HE can't."  When the children of Israel had Pharoah behind them  and the Red Sea stretched in front of them,  I can imagine in my mind's eye that they could hear swift destruction approaching in the sound of the Egyptians' thundering horses' hooves and chariots.  I said all of that to say this, "Sometimes in life we have to keep our faith intact, even in the face of insurmountable odds." Sometimes we have to remember to do like David said in the book of Psalms, "Be still and know that I AM GOD." Sometimes we are called upon to do the unthinkable, bear the unbearable, walk the unwalkable and climb the unclimbable.

But all of those situations need to remind us of who our FATHER is. Those types of situations ought to remind us to think that whatever happens, "If I maintain my love for HIM, HE is going to work things out for my good!" No, that does not mean that we are going to like everything that we go through. All of the things will not be to our liking nor to our choosing. Some of the things are going to be downright mean, wicked and cruel that will be done to us. But if we maintain as much faith as a grain of a mustard seed and hold on to our love for HIM, HE will work it out!

Too many times in my life, I have been at my wits end and GOD stepped right on through my trials, my situations, my adversities and my enemies and rescued me. HE has picked me up numerous times and I cannot but believe that HE is still mindful of me now!  That is what we have to hold on to! We do not need to fear the one who can destroy the body, but the ONE who can destroy body and soul in hell.  I am fired up this morning, as I am sure that you can tell. So, if there are those among my readers who are in the midst of seemingly impossible situations, I am writing to tell you not to worry and not to be stirred up in your spirit to the depths of your soul. I serve a GOD who is faithful and HE always, I mean "always" has HIS eyes over the righteous and HIS ears open to their cry.  HE has walked me through some fiery furnaces in my life folks. So, I keep stepping! As the old folks used to say, "I've come too far with HIM and I ain't gon turn around now!"  

If you have surmised that there is something heavy on my heart, you are correct. But, that's alright! You know why, because sometimes we need to have something heavy on our hearts so that we can speak to someone else's heavy burden that they are carrying that is weighing heavy on their hearts.  If this is one of the ways that HE is using me to work for HIM, then that's okay. I plan to work for HIM until HE calls me home. I'm not worried much about me now because as my devotional book said in my reading this morning and yesterday morning, I can do and I can go because HE is!

I stand on my faith, on my Mother's faith and on my Gran Gran's conviction that HE will make everything alright!!" Those two ladies are gone now, but I'm not by myself, though the enemy would have me feel that way. Uh uh folks! No cigar! I don't smoke and don't chew tobacco! HE will take care of me!! And you too if you are HIS!

You still aren't convinced that HE can and will? Well, think on this will ya? Remember the part mentioned above when the children of Israel were panicking because they could hear the thundering of the Egyptians horses and chariots? Well go read in the book of Exodus, chapter 14 and see what happened to the chariots, specifically the chariot wheels? I don't have to say any more do I?  Thought not!

Quote:
"Be blessed and be a blessing to someone else." 

Until we meet...

Doing What I Can, While I Can





No comments: