Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Living My Life

"I like living this kind of life, it is the blessed (best) life." This sentence is the first line of a song sang by the Clark Sisters and, you know, the words ring true for me. What life am I referring to, why the life of living for the Lord, of course. I like living for Him because He allowed His Son to die for me. I like living for Him because He claims me in front of all creation. He allowed His Son to shed blood for me so that I could be sanctified and brought back to the safety of His fold. And this God, the Creator of the world, has allowed me to serve Him in His majesty. He has placed His Spirit within me so that His glory can shine through me daily, as I live for Him. Ah, this is the life. 
     I get joy out of serving Him as I look forward daily to the hope of glory. I get excited when I get to brag on Him to others because I know that I am carrying on with the mission that He had in mind before the world began. I get excited to think that I am being allowed to play a part in the great plan that was put in place before time. That is an awesome thought, folks. The Creator of this world has and is allowing me to help to carry out some of His plans and I like it! He does not need me to do this because He has countless others that will and are doing the job, but because He loves me and cares about my contentment, He allows me to help, too.
     I like the various jobs that He finds for me to do. If you have small children or have had small children, then you know exactly what I am speaking of. You know when you have a toddler who wants to help to trim the Christmas tree but is in the way more than he is helping. But to keep him contented and occupied and feeling good about himself, you allow that little one to help. That is the part that I feel that I play in my work for my Father. I tell you, folks, I am proud to serve Him.
I like:
·       Speaking a kind word to someone in His name
·       Lifting my voice in praise to Him
·       Giving someone a smile in His name
·       Feeling His love in the warmth of the sunshine on a crisp autumn day
·       I like trying to give back for His great expression of love for me
·       I like reveling in the knowledge of His love
In short, I love Him and all that He stands for and am proud to tell anybody who will listen about the majestic Worker of Wonders I serve. I know that I cannot tell it all, but I do so love trying.

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

I like living this kind of life and I hope that my service to Him shows it. I know that there are many of you who feel the same way.

I like living a Christian life
And being claimed as His own
I like serving Him and I try
To make the fact that I do, known.

No comments: