Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Examples

I went to the Paul Meek Library yesterday to leave a copy of my latest book and while there saw an acquaintance of mine on yesterday whose kids I used to teach. We had a cordial conversation about the vagaries of life and it got me to thinking. Today's poems are a result of my perusal into thought. Enjoy, but think about your life, too.

By tireless example, I continue on
As I tell my story and sing my song.

********


You are conducting classes
As by your tireless examples, you teach
Because your actions go places
That your words can't reach
And affect the masses.

********


My story is not over yet
And my song is not done
Because the final verses have not been written
And the final chorus has not been sung.

********


What am I doing with my life
What have I done so far
Have I made a positive impact
What will the record say
When the books are opened
To display the facts
How will my record read
On that final Judgment Day?

********

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: