Friday, May 12, 2017

He Carries Me

"By the Grace of God, I have come a long way. When the storms of life are raging, Oh Lord, Stand by me." 
The words above serve to remind me that the Lord, yet, carries me. When my burdens get heavy and I find it hard to move on, I remember that He brought me to this point in my life and He will lead me on. 
     I meet with the doctor in a couple of hours to learn the extent of the cancer that has invaded one of my loved one's body. But I know this: God is able and His will must be done. Armed with those words and the words of the song above, I look to the hills from whence cometh my help and I step on.
     There will come a time in all of our lives that we need to lean on the Lord. If we have been faithful to Him and have built a relationship with Him, He will be with us at all times and especially when we need to know, just to be reminded that He cares. BYDWP. I do and that and my songs carry me to my Father's throne where I can be comforted and strengthened in my life down here. And I leave His throne joyful and with hope as I see the day approaching. 

Stepping On,
Alma L. Jones

Blog P. S. - And as always, I care and that is why I often lift you up in prayer.

No comments: