Monday, March 20, 2017

I Put My Heart

I put my heart into the things that I pen for you because I want you to travel to various places within your souls as we learn and discover together the marvelous love that He has for you and me. I try to remember what I first felt in a given moment of epiphany and then I convey that awe, excitement, and exuberance to you. I try to lead you on my sensory journey and deposit you with grace at the Lord's feet. In keeping with that, here is a poem for today:

 Unrealistically Optimistic

Unrealistically optimistic
That is what they termed me
They said that I couldn’t go to college
Because my family had no connections and no money
It was just not possible, you see
But I was optimistic because
I knew the God Who dwelt in me.

They said I would never get a
Regular classroom in _____________ County, TN
Because I was Black and from out of town
It was just not possible, you see
But I was optimistic because
I knew the God that dwelt in me.

Even today when I am told
You can’t do this and you cannot do that
It’s just not possible, you see
I just look at them with a serene smile
For, I know the God Who dwells in me.
                -Alma L. Jones
I make no apologies for what I am in my walk with Him, though it has caused me to be ridiculed and ostracized from time to time. But, you know, it matters not because I am not my own. However, I do tend to be a bit wayward at times. What does He do when I am wayward? Like the loving Father that He is, He tightens my reins and pulls me right back to Him, where I belong, thus saving me from myself. He really is awesome, wonderful, and full of love. I owe Him so much and that is why I offer this tribute of praise to Him this day.

From my heart to yours,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

No comments: