Saturday, July 30, 2016

Me, An Entrepreneur?

Hello, all. A quick update as to where I am with my writing business. I have brought two more book projects to the forefront (i.e., have made them the next books that I will have published).  One is an inspirational ladies class book, and the other is the novella that I told you about. The novella is of the Christian Fiction genre. Wish me well.

I still have several completed manuscripts of poetry that I have yet to publish, and have proofed and sent back the inspirational calendar for publishing. W.O.W. created w.o.w. is still growing in its readership. Contract talk has been discussed, but nothing is concrete yet.

I want to take this time to thank you, my blog readers, Instagram followers, Twitter followers and Facebook followers for your continued support of my business. It means quite a bit to me.

Catch Up:

On yesterday, I asked you to give me what you thought this phrase meant:
All things work together for good...
This phrase from the Bible means that things will happen in your life, but don't allow the occurrences of life to cause you to lose heart because, though things may happen that are unpleasant, be assured that I will make all of those things work out for your ultimate good. That is good enough for me. I used to think that it meant that all good things would happen because I'm under His protection. But now, I understand.

Here is a poem that applies to this series of lessons that we have had over the last several days.

You allowed me to cry
Because You knew I
Would grow thereby.

You allowed me, in the
Midst of the battle to be
Because You knew that the battle fray
Would produce for You, a hardened soldier
Who would be stalwart and victorious
At the end of the day
If I but held on and didn't allow 
Doubt to cloud my way.

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

Aside - I want to thank Hope Clark of Funds For Writers, Kathy Cretsinger of Mantle Rock Publishing and the members of the KenTen Writers Group for making me finally realize that my writing is a business. I finally got it, Y'all!  

No comments: