Friday, July 22, 2016

Dried Her Tears

Good morning, everyone. BYDWP. It pays untold dividends, as I am sure that most of you know by now. How are you this morning? That is if it is morning in your part of the world. How are you faring? How are you feeling? Somebody is probably thinking, "Why are you asking that same question again and again. I feel the same way that I did when you asked it the first time." I asked the question several times this morning because I wanted you to know that I really cared, that I was not just asking out of social niceness. Me, pretty good right now; thank you for asking. But it is not all about the here and now; is it?  It's about the ushering in of eternity. Here is a little poem that I have done for your perusal:

That will be a great day 
For us Christians, one and all
For if, we have remained faithful
We will eagerly await the roll call.

Yes, the best is yet to come
Just you wait and see
There will be untold joy
If we stay faithful 'til eternity.

As I have told you before
I am going to be beside myself
When I get through heaven's door.

I had a lady in the hospital
Giggling quite a bit
When I stood around her bedside 
And told her what I would do
Once I got inside.

Y'all know that I have told you
That I have always been a skipper
And when I described my joy to her
I told her I would be quite the nipper.

I told her that in my mind's eye 
I could see old trouble and old pain
Peeping through the gates of heaven
Itching to, but not able to get at me.

I told her that if I had arms, hands
Legs and feet, in a body of some kind
That I would lie down on the ground
And with glee, my fists I would pound
The turf while pointing and laughing with glee
At old trouble and old pain saying
"I'm rid of Y'all for eternity."

She snickered in earnest then and gone
We're the tears that she had had in her
Eyes when first she called me near
And asked me if for her I would pray
I'm glad she beckoned to me from her bed
I'm glad that she felt better for something I said
But how could I not try to lighten her load
When she, bless her heart, was such a dear?

No, I am not a comedian, just a child
Who is willing to do all that I can to
Help fellow travelers as we make 
Our way back to our homeland.

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

To Ponder:
1. Why is this blogging piece appropriately or inappropriately titled?
2. What is the occasion for joy in the poem? For laughter?
3. What is the definition of the green highlighted word in the poem?
4. What will be the way that you will feel after hearing the Lord say, "Well done?"


No comments: