Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Sunshine

Good afternoon, all. Will recap a bit on yesterday's blog then present a new poem to you. However, before we start, I want to tell you what an inspiration you are to me. You might say, "Lady, I don't even know you, so how can you say that I am an inspiration to you?"  Your very presence in reading my blog is your inspiration to me. As writers, we often wonder if our stuff is any good and if we, perhaps should stop and do something else for the Lord. Each time I see you on my blog, that tells me that there are several somebody's in this world that appreciate my attempts to glorify the Lord and bring the joy of poetry to the world at the same time. For that, I thank you.


Recap from yesterday. I asked you if you thought that "Until" was a good title for yesterday's piece. That is a fitting title because it implies that nothing is over. It won't be over until the end of time. It implies that we must keep going, no matter the stormy sessions we have due to the adversary and no matter the pain.  In this life, because of the adversary, it will get rough sometimes. Just you keep your hands in the faithful hands of the Lord, and he will make everything alright. Keep going; don't stop. Keep blooming and sending up that sweet smelling savor for the Lord. He will handle all else. Just like Job in the Bible, we have to keep going. How long did Job continue to be faithful to the Lord? He was faithful until his change came. He waited on the Lord. We have to do the same. That means whichever comes first, judgement  or change, we have to wait.

Anguish will be long gone
It will live someplace else
Because joy will have moved in
And found itself a new home.

Aside - Is there any meaning under the obvious in this poem? Is Until a good title for this piece? Before you say, "No," I will tell you that yes it is. Now, can you figure out why that is a fitting title for this piece? This poem covers all kinds of pain, suffering, etc. All of that will be a thing of the past. Could be like Job; could mean that someone has been cured of a dreaded sickness, etc. What it does mean is that there is no room for the former thing, for all have moved away, and joy has taken that once occupied space.

The poem below has a similar message, just worded differently.

When the sun shines
On a weathered soul
Joy is paramount as
Its rarely used wings unfold
& basking aplenty does ensue
Ere the next stormy issue.

This is the poem for tomorrow. What can you deduce from it? Can you write me a prose piece around it? Can you tell me it's story as perceived by you?

Some folks have a smile, though tremulous 
That is a joy to behold
For that timid smile shouts
From their ears and every pore
Joy galore!

Doing What I Can, While I Can,
Alma Jones

No comments: