Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Only by Degree

I want to visit the three poems that I gave you yesterday to peruse. Let's get to it, shall we?
I have reproduced them here below:


Numbers can be made to do strange things

& often the manipulation thereof

Causes events, unforeseen

Changes flown in on angels' wings.

***************

Determination, resilience and perseverance

Sisters three

Gather strength from one another

And pass the benefits on to me.

***************

Beaten to be

Bloodied to be

Broken...

Not hardly!

All three of these poems speak to me of the Lord. Here is how they do it.

  1. Firstly, because I am His child, nothing that happens in my life goes unnoticed by Him. That covers all three poems right there. But I am not finished yet. I will take the one that spoke to me more than the other two and expound upon it. Then I will tie the other two poems in to it somewhat. Trusting that you will find this expounding beneficial and encouraging.
  2. Now you take that third poem which talks about being beaten, bloodied and broken. That is exactly what the adversary will do to you. And he would destroy you too if it weren't for the grace of God. But the Lord will only allow him to go so far and no further. He will allow his besetting us only to a certain degree. He establishes the limits before the adversary is ever allowed to try us. Just like he did for Job in the book of the Bible. So, even though my spirit and my soul may be beaten and bloodied, my desire to serve the Lord yet remains.
  3. Because I know that the Lord has preset the limits that the adversary can go, I can utilize the three sisters in the second poem. My determination to serve the Lord is ever present because I know that He died for me. Having a deep determination causes me to persevere with resilience in my struggle to make it back home to Jesus one day.
  4. When the number of attacks continues to increase, and the severity does too, that often causes the Lord to send angelic interference to say, "That is enough! He or she need not prove their love for me and their faith in me anymore.
  5. Nutshell - I know that if I remain faithful, even though I am beaten to a pulp, Jesus, my Maker can fix me anew and wipe all trace of the pain away. That is why the phrase. "Not hardly" is used in poem three. Well, I have talked with you long enough. I do hope that I have served the Lord proudly and helped you on your journey.
Until we meet again...

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

No comments: