Sunday, November 22, 2015

Thanksgiving

Good morning all! Another day for praise and thanksgiving. Got your coffee? Okay, so I'll wait. (Smile) I don't mind. Hmmm-mm... Oh singing? Just humming some little ditty or another while I waited for you to come back with your coffee.

Thought  I'd give a shout out to home and mothers today. You know, having your mother with you and having her face light up when you walk to the door is a treasure not to be taken lightly. So, I have done a series of poems along that line, talking about the warmth of home.
I have included two of the poems here on this blog and the rest of them you will find on my Twitter account.  Do go take a look at them. I think I did about, oh, 14 this morning. Look at them and I hope that you enjoy them. This is just to remind you that if you have your mother with you, take the time to show her that you love her and make that trip home for Thanksgiving. You don't know; you have no idea how much it warms a mother's heart just to see you so that she can look at you and she can do her particular brand of mother's scanning  inventory. Mothers have a way of looking at their children to see if all is right with them: looking at their smile, their body posture, the way they take their coats off, just the whole gamut. That's just a thing that mothers do. So, give her that opportunity to look at you and take pictures of you with her eyes so that she can push rewind and watch them when her heart yearns for you later. That will be enough for her, just to play back your smile, etc. Nope, don't go there because webcams only show a limited view. Mommas like to do their infamous panoramic scan. And yes, just so that you know, you will be subject to more than one scan while you are there. It's a momma thing.  Tee hee

That's all I have for you today. Begin your day with prayer, BYDWP. I can't tell you how important that is, but I can tell you from a mother's viewpoint that life will show you how important it is. SO, don't wait to be shown. Get yourself prepared so that when life does come at you, you are already prayed up.
Until next time...

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones


Alma L. Jones (@Jonesa54Jones)
Time to gather around
The fires of home
Where the aroma of love
Wafts through every nook
As acceptance stew
Gently cooks.


Alma L. Jones (@Jonesa54Jones)
You'll never know
Just how much
You'll miss her gentle
Accepting touch
Until she has flown
Past time's clutch.
- A Tribute to Lula Mae, My Mother

No comments: