Sunday, September 27, 2015

"Raised" to Praise - I Rise to Praise

Good Sunday morning to you!
I know that the proper way to speak of parents training children is to use the term, "rear." But for my play on words today, the word,  "raise" works best, for me.
In my Momma's house, we grew up with the radio blaring music from the local gospel station, WDIA and it was understood, without a doubt, that worship would be attended at our local church. That was Momma's rule and thus it became our norm.
That's why, all these years later, Momma's norm has become mine. I rise from my bed with the intention of attending worship at our congregation.
So, so long for now and go make some noise as you lift your voice today in praise.

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

Aside - When rising upon a given day
You don't always know
The new paths you will trod
Nor the new ways you'll
Be forced to go, so
That's why I Take the Lord
With Me Everywhere I go
As I lift my voice in praise.

No comments: