Sunday, August 23, 2015

You Can't Run on Empty

Good morning all! Remember to BYDWP.
Go to worship and get your spiritual gas tank refilled because this world will have you attempting to run on empty and it will sit back and laugh at your futile attempts at trying to make it to the next station. But, I am so glad that He provides roadside assistance in the form of the Spirit. That assistance gets us up to the gas station so that we can fill up. I have learned to fill completely up so that I won't run out of fuel before the next station. It's been close at times, sometimes coasted in on fumes, but by His grace, I made it.

You say you don't know what I am talking about when I say, "coasted in on fumes." That is my way of saying that when: someone took my parking spot; lied on me to get me into trouble with my boss; told my mate that I was someplace that I had never been; received the devastating news that my stock had bottomed out, etc., I managed, just managed, mind you, to remember to utilize the privilege of prayer and say, "Help me Jesus!" The utterance of that prayer has kept me running for the Lord, though practically on empty, many times in my life. It has kept me from doing me and punching someone in the mouth, slapping someone's face, cussing someone until my jaws flapped like a bell clapper, giving in to what's the use, etc.

So! Go get your spiritual fill up today
It will serve you well on your way
And help you remain faithful
When the enemy, for you, traps lay.

I'm going to get my fill up. Are you?
Be blessed!

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

No comments: