Friday, August 14, 2015

Mrs. Ruby - Saga 2 Begins


  • She read the scriptures given to her daily as she went through the rib strapping (binding as she called it) and got her mind wrapped around the upcoming balloon procedure. Matt had opted for the noninvasive cardiology regimen, but Mrs. Ruby, headstrong as she usually was, declared, " Matthew, I am your mother, not the other way around. The sooner we can get this procedure done the sooner I can get back to living and seeing what new plants they have here and just being useful. After all, HE brought me here so I intend to do what I can, while I can. Besides, the sooner I recoup, the more time I can spend with Beanie and Becky." "Okay?" (Said with a sheepish smile) Scriptures given were: Psalm 139:16; Romans 8:28; and Psalm66:16-17, 19-20.
  • Starting the herb garden at the Center
  • Organizing the Ladies Day Out Program
  • Organizing Minnie's life notes
  • Reflecting upon her own life and how coming to the retirement center had seemed a death sentence to her but not anymore
  • Saving Joe's job and saving him from himself
  • A thief in the midst
  • Wondering what was to be her next undertaking  and reflecting upon the beautiful dream that she had had about heaven but was told , "Not Yet, there are other plans for you that have not been fulfilled. You just keep up the good work, keep sending up prayers and remember that you will never be alone."
  • Beginning her memoirs...
I hope that you enjoyed our brief excursion into Mrs. Ruby's life and her trials. If you enjoyed this brief peek into her life, then perhaps you may wish to purchase a copy of the book, W.O.W. created w.o.w. upon its publication. Talks have begun with the publisher and a final manuscript is being drafted. I will give you more information as things are finalized. This book, just like my others are, will be available on my author's page at Amazon.com/author/almajones
Please allow me to take the liberty of saying that the book, W.O.W. is my heart and soul and represents all that I am. It is the one of which I am most proud. All glory if any gained, goes to my best Friend, Jesus.
Be blessed!

Doing What I Can, While I Can
Alma Jones

No comments: