Saturday, September 30, 2017

His Grace

Grace is defined as, "Unmerited favor."  When I further think of grace, I think about the wondrous love of God, the Creator, the Faithful One. I realize that I can do nothing to merit His favor, nothing! But, I am so glad that He uses lovingkindness and mercy in His dealings with me. There are several points that I want to make in today's blog, and they are:

  • Love the fact of knowing that I am loved by God
  • Love the fact that He had a plan in His mind before the world began and that the plan included preparations made for me
  • Love the fact that He listens to me when I ask Him to allow me to work for Him and that He enables me to do things well for Him
  • Love the fact that He allows me to get into His intricate work plan and do my little "vessel of clay," type of work
  • Love the fact that His Omnipotence, through the blood of Jesus, covers me in any mistakes that I might make in my fervor to tell the world about Him.
In short, folks, I simply love my Father in all of His grace. It is by His grace that I woke up this morning, put my foot out of my bed, etc. His grace! And I will make it through whatever else this world throws at me by the grace of God. You see, His grace brought this one a mighty long way and  He does not tire of carrying me when I cannot carry myself. Because of His grace, He does not tire of forgiving me of all of my sins, which are too numerous to count. By His grace, He has not tired of wrapping me in His powerful arms when this "bit of dust" that I am, grows weary and the tears fall. What a great day for us in our struggle to remain close to Him when John Newton, through God's providence, penned "Amazing Grace."

Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

I love Him because He made man
I love Him because I can
I love Him because He is love
Love Him because He included His grace 
In mankind's life plan.

********

The grace that saved me is amazing, and it belongs to my Father!

No comments: