Sunday, September 24, 2017

Do You Believe?



Good morning, precious ones! Do you believe that God loves you? I do. And do you believe that He always sees what is happening in the lives of His children? I do. You, too? Good, then let me strengthen that belief with a thought this morning. Then I will give you a brief snippet of a poem and our blogging session will be ended for the day. But you, my precious one, will be geared up for worship, praise and what-have-you and folk will look at you and wonder what has gotten into you this morning. Some may have the temerity even to ask you what's up with you this morning. You can simply say, "I believe." That is all you have to say to them, but in your heart, you will be saying, "I believe that if the Lord is for me, all things will work out as He decrees that they should”. (Romans 8:31) That means not by man's decree, but by God's decree. 
If the Lord has something planned for and/or tailor made for you, it will be yours, bottom line, end of story!

Folks, when you have walked through some fire,
You can stand a little heat
Because you know that the preparation of
The Lord’s gospel of peace shods your feet.

You know that Your faithful Father
Is always standing by
And He sees the machinations of men
Against you, before they even
Lift their hands to try.

You may be shaken
You may be rattled
But your belief in
God remains intact
Because of this one fact
He is faithful, so
You cannot be taken.

You know from reading your Psalms
That when your "Foot slips due
To a trap that was set for you
That He will hold you up
And that when anxious thoughts
Multiply within your mind
Delightful consolation will come behind
Your doubts and drive them away
Leaving peace where anxiety did dwell
And you will be thinking, 'God is standing by
So, all is well.'”

********


Doing What I Can, While I Can Because I Care,
Alma L. Stepping On Jones

“He delights in me so, He lights my path and holds me fast.”

No comments: